• This tournament will be played in accordance with the rules of the Gay & Lesbian Tennis Alliance (GLTA) and the International Tennis Federation (ITF).
• By participating in the Clay Court Classic, players agree with these tournament rules.
• Proper tennis attire is required when on court. Note that the Lauderdale Tennis Club does not allow tank tops so please respect this rule.
• Registration fee can be paid by using PayPal or credit card on the GLTA registration page.
• Please report to the tournament desk 30 minutes prior to each match.
• Warm up times are limited to 5 minutes.
• All matches will be the best 2 out of 3 sets with a tiebreak at 6 games all for the first two sets. The third set, except for the Finals, will be played as a super tiebreaker (first to 10 points, win by 2 points). All Finals will play a full 3rd set.
A consolation tournament will be offered to all participants that lose their first match in the singles divisions (minimum 8 players). Consolation matches, except for the Finals, will be played as an 8-game pro-set (no ad) with a super tiebreaker played at 7 games all. The Consolations Finals will be the best 2 out of 3 sets with a tiebreak at 6 games all. No consolation will be offered for doubles divisions. The Tournament Director reserves the right to cancel consolation play in the event of inclement weather.
Late arrivals will incur a penalty in accordance with the GLTA rules starting from the moment the match has been announced (and a court is available). Therefore, it is your responsibility to arrange transportation, get directions if necessary and leave yourself sufficient time to get to the venue.
• Up to 5 minutes: loss of toss and 1 game
• 5 to 10 minutes means: loss of toss and 2 games
• 10 to 15 minutes: loss of toss and 3 games
• More than 15 minutes: default
• Always enter the courts through the appropriate entrance. Avoid disturbing other matches.
• Players shall not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct or disturb other players.
• A player is not allowed to receive coaching during a match.
• Do not enlist the aid of spectators in making line calls.
• Wait until players on another court have finished a point before retrieving or returning a ball.
• Participants who cancel their entry after February 4, 2022, will not receive a refund.
In conjunction with participation in 2022 Clay Court Classic, hosted by the South Florida Tennis Club (SFTC), and related activities and events, I agree to waive any and all rights and claims for bodily or emotional injury, injury to my reputation, or any other damage or harms that I might suffer, or any other claims of any nature I may have against SFTC or the Gay and Lesbian Tennis Alliance (GLTA). I understand that I will be participating at my own risk, and the above organizations, facilities and individuals will not be responsible for any harm, injury, or damage which I might suffer. I also waive any and all rights to claim from SFTC, GLTA, or any organization or individual, damages or remuneration which may arise as a result of references to me or photographs of me which may appear in any publication or other media. I understand that SFTC will govern the conduct of players and enforce the USTA Code of Ethics and the GLTA Rules and Procedures. I agree to conduct myself accordingly.